Get Cooking! | Mexican Meal
Mexican cuisine offers more than just a kick of heat. Explore the fusion flavours of Mexico and learn how to prepare recipes that reflect the traditional cuisine of our global neighbours to the south. After the cooking is complete, take off your apron and savour the results of your labour with a glass of Mexican beer. ¡Buen provecho! Perfect for the beginner to intermediate home cook.
- Sopa Azteca – Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chile Rellenos with Sauce Ranchero
- Authentic Tamales with Tomatillo Salsa
- Fresh Corn Tortillas with Guacamole, Pico de Gallo & Black Bean Salsa
- Churros with Chocolate & Vanilla Sauces
Instructor: Eli Silverthorne
Friday, August 23 | 6:00 – 9:00pm
$75 per person (+ service fee*)
Safety regulations require students wear closed toe shoes when participating in any cooking class.
This class has a maximum capacity of 14 students.
Classes are for students 16 years and older.
Participants will be provided with an apron and all necessary tools and equipment.
Menus, recipes and instructors are subject to change as required.
Help us help the environment! In the off chance we cook too much, please bring a container with you to help take home any leftovers. (One 1 litre container is recommended).
If you need to cancel a class, it is possible to get a refund (less the service fee) up to 7 days before the date of the event via your universe.com account. A credit note may be issued for cancellations received by email (email@example.com) a minimum of 48 hours before the event.
Please note that there are no credit notes or refunds for missed classes or classes cancelled less than 48 hours before the event.
* All Open Kitchen classes purchased online or by credit card are subject to a 5% service fee. Our ticketing service hosted by universe.com includes this fee in the total listed price.