Sorry, there are currently no job postings.
CLOSED SEPTEMBER 22, 2020: Service Instructor/Supervisor position
The Stratford Chefs School offers an enriched two-year post-secondary program for apprentice chefs. Located in Stratford Ontario, the school’s teaching facilities are located right on Ontario Street, in the heart of downtown. Each school year consists of two eight-week semesters, October-December and January-March. Cookery courses are taught by industry professionals; academic courses are taught by experts in related fields.
Job Description: A four-month part-time contract position to supervise first and second year students in Front of House positions in the school restaurant one shift per week, likely Saturday dinner (with possible other shifts or responsibilities to be negotiated). Students take on all service roles in the dining room (maître d’, sommelier, host, servers, etc.) The instructor must supervise and direct them to ensure they learn the philosophy and mechanics of service, and that the service provided to our patrons is top quality.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree or diploma from a culinary or hospitality program
- Significant restaurant service
- Teaching, preferably at post-secondary level, desirable
- Expertise in restaurant service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage students and provide one on one coaching
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to the students and values of the Stratford Chefs School
Applications consisting of cover letter and resume should be submitted by e-mail no later than September 22, 2020 to:
Randi Rudner, Program Manager email@example.com